June 4, 2012
Five reasons to ask your Member of Parliament to vote No on Bill C-38:
1. It severely weakens the Canadian Environmental Assessment.
2. By amending the Species at Risk Act and the Navigable Waters Protection Act, it removes the protection of endangered species and their habitat from the pipeline approval process.
3. It guts the Fisheries Act by removing provisions for habitat protection.
4. It repeals the Kyoto Protocol Implementation.
5. It eliminates the National Round Table on Environment and Economy.
If you`re concerned about what our current government is doing to the environment, please call and ask your MP to vote No on Bill C-38. Here`s how you can reach his or her office: http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx?TimePeriod=Current&Language=E
Posted by Peter Adamski at 7:20 PM